Friday, August 7, 2009

Who am I?










I'm the image that the mirror gives back to me
and the image on your eyes when you look at me.
I'm the one that peoples comment about
and the person they think I am but never say it.
I'm the one I learn to be
and the one I dream to be.
I'm the one that is here now
and won't be here tomorrow.
I'm the person I used to be
and the person I am now.
I'm the child of someone
and the friend of some other.
I'm the one that was a baby
and the one that will be old.
I'm the body without face that I watch from the top of my head
and the eyes that watch it.
I'm the feet that hold the body
and the head that relay on it.
I'm the genes that compose me
and the soul that is beyond.
I'm the writer of this post
and the reader of this lines.
...I'm so many things that I can't answer the question I keep asking to myself...
Who am I?

No comments: