Thursday, October 22, 2009

The purpose of life

Here I am, with the left wrist injure (who knows how did it happen). Writing a post while I keep listening the very same song over and over. I'll like (at least for this time) to tell the story behind it. If you prefer to just read the post, then jump to the section THE POST :)

Few days ago: I read an article about a Russian politician planning to release some chemical mist on the clouds, with the purpose of avoiding the winter snow falling in Moscow this year. After that I couldn't be more hopeless about power and money held by the wrong ones. Mood goes blue, thinking what should life be about if we end up giving our power to some else that we don't even evaluate while choosing him/her...

Yesterday Afternoon: I find a nice song, thanks to the post of my brother. I start listening and it connects me to something I can't really explain, but it felt like sadness at the beginning and turns into calm later on. I decide to make my afternoon a Non Doing Afternoon. Just relax in the couch and listen to the very same song over and over (actually video in youtube which I needed to restart over and over)

Last night: After couple of hours of nothingness I start doing energy visualizations. I had recently a cold, somewhere on my lower ribs I have a pain, and now my wrist hurts me... Something was out of place on me, so better to empower me with positive energy. Is then when I realized I was missing emptiness, nothingness as the bridge that connects me with myself... After many month I finally got a really deep long sleep, no dreams, no midnight woke up, just peaceful sleep.

Today: Woke up with a strange desire of an autumn walk along the river and the same piano song sticked on my head... Is getting cold and is grey over here, but my brain had this idea and I couldn't do anything to make it change. I pack a portable device to listen to other chillout songs, (I though it would be better to give it a rest to the piano song). I start walking along the river and is on there when I realized what is this post all about.

THE POST:
While growing up we try to find the answer of the question what are we here for? what is the purpose of my life? There are many persons that die without knowing it or even achieving what they though was the purpose.

Some of us, maybe the most of us, have as a goal on life to be happy. While walking on the river I realized that the real purpose should be to share happiness with the target to make others happy. Is then when the memories of past conversation appears and I could hear on my head all those persons I met and were complaining about giving everything I am to someone with the purpose of making that other one happy and not feeling happy at all.

Those memories didn't change my conclusion, just force me to expand the definition. And yes, I do share the same purpose, but I for sure don't share the way of doing it. I believe that for us to be able to help other to be happy we must be happy. So giving ourself away, or doing huge sacrifices is not exactly the way to be happy.

Working hard to make others happy required an awaken mind. A mind that could choose to smile over the grumpiness. That will see the beauty of the sun and the beauty on the rain. We need to stay happy to be able to cheer up some one. We must stay tunned with happiness most of the time, and that seems, now days, a difficult task.

There are so many people outside your door, and in you circle of friends wishing for happiness. Maybe you might not be able to make them completely happy, maybe they wont be ever happy. But while you do your best effort to stay tunned with happiness to share it with others, you are going to feel better, and sooner than latter you are going to touch someone's life and those will be happy too and the message would spread.

So try hard to be happy, not just for yourself. But for the poor ones, for the homeless one, for the orphans, for your friend, for you lover, for your mom. Because everyones need to be love, and love grows in a fertile land called happiness and that happiness can only exist on the sharing of it.

1 comment:

Alejandro Gouveia said...

Very moving and thought-provoking post Vero!!

I was thinking about so many things while reading your beautiful post...

The first one that came to my head was that, as you said, some people complain about giving away themselves to make someone else happy but are feeling very unhappy about it. Why???? Because deep down they are expecting something in return.

Being happy with yourself first, and then sharing and bringing happiness to others has to be a unselfish act, without expectations. Because at the end, happiness only comes from within yourself, not from outside.

P.S. Love the personal thought journey you went through to write this post, it was totally worth it!