Monday, May 7, 2012

The search

How was it? - she asked
I waited some seconds, breathed in acknowledging that words wouldn't be sufficient and replied:

It was dark and unknown
I had no idea what it was or how to find it

Every time I thought I was close, it disappeared infront of my wide open eyes
Like an amazing trick played by a omnipotent magician 

I peeled every layer thinking that below them I'll find it
At the end the layers where gone and nothing appeared

It felt like the foam - so real, so tangible but impossible to grab in a close hand
Always managing to squeeze itself out 


I paused, trying to recall the search.
Feeling how disperse it was, how unholdable it seemed

She broke into the train of thought with another question

What have you concluded - she dare to ask with a smile

Concluded?! - I thought, but didn't manage to express it in words

Decided I was going to reply that question as well, even if we were just getting closer to the unspoken:

Nothing I guess, or perhaps everything
I made the most amazing quest 
Came with less than I took with me 
Empty hands followed me, when I had promised to bring something
Felt sad that I had discovered nothing at all
Fought with myself for being such naive guy

Yet still, the road managed to strengthen my feet without me noticing
A different me came back
I had lost things that were mine, but gained those that were free

I've, I've concluded nothing.
Couldn't. 
It was all 
Inconclusive...
Eternal...
I... 
I, well... 
Couldn't hold it


My eyes were watery by now.
It was again the same energy, the one that overflows me and reminds me it exist within and outside

She looked at me straight into the eyes. Watched through them, as if they were open windows.

Time paused there, in that instant.
That instant that lasted really long in my memory.

I was swimming... actually we were swimming in the same pool of universal energy. Like two unborns in the womb of their mother.

Then she broke the silence.
First with that smile on her eyes that I would forever admire.

Then her lips moved, I thought she was going to speak, but no sound at all came out.

Was it you who you were searching - she mentally ask

I surrended...
Lets the moment take me over, washed me out as a typhoon tide.

Didn't have to answer, as my thoughts would resonate around us clear and loud. Words, in any case, were useless. 

Looked back at her eyes, in this nakedness of ours. With my shame, sorrows, triumph and disappointment completely visible.

Opened my lips to say nothing at all
We needed no more answers or questions. 
Thank her in my own way as the moment vanished. Replied:

Now you know - as I started to melt into this new perspective of us


V.

No comments: